Saturday, January 25, 2014

My restaurant week update


Rainbow trout
Bastille is a small fine-dining French restaurant in Alexandria. I took the opportunity provided by the Restaurant week to try their fixed menu and was very pleased.

Unlike most French fine dining restaurants that are usually over-rated and over-priced I thought Bastille offered some great food for the price. The portion sizes were just large enough to satisfy.


We tried their rainbow trout, duck, a pork belly salad, and fried cod. We would definitely recommend the pork belly salad and rainbow trout. Dessert consisted of creme brulee and a chocolate truffle cake. You can't go wrong with either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and experience different cuisines, and then try the dishes out in my own kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.