Sunday, January 12, 2014

Chicken Lollypop

Cuisine: Asian Fusion

My leftovers from Momos Nepalese Food included fried chicken. I decided to put them to good use by making chicken lollypop.



Ingredients
2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 fried chicken legs
1 small red onion
4 pods of garlic
2 Tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 Tablespoon cilantro chutney
1 tablespoon tamarind chutney
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon of chilli and coriander powders
Chopped cilantro


Step 1: Finely chop the red onion and garlic.

Step 2: Saute them in olive oil (or any oil of your choice).

Step 3: Add the tomato ketchup, green and tamarind chutney, soya sauce, fish sauce, coriander and chill powder, salt and pepper. Add the cilantro. Saute it until it has reduced to a fine mixture.


Step 4: Add the chicken legs and let them simmer in the prepared mixture for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and experience different cuisines, and then try the dishes out in my own kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.