Sunday, February 21, 2021

Posh toast!

Homemade Avocado toast

 Avocado Toast is my new favorite posh toast. Perfect for breakfast, it is healthy and ready in minutes. While I have had several avocado toasts on breakfast menus in restaurants, my favorite was the one I had at Philadelphia's Reading Market

Here's a recipe to a version I tried : 

Ingredients
1 ripened avocado (mashed) 
Sea salt and pepper
2 slices of bread of your choice 
1 teaspoon chilli oil (store bought Chinese chilli oil) or Chilli flakes and olive oil
Topping of your choice: smoked salmon, fried egg or smoked ahi tuna

Avocado toast with fried egg, Reading Market
Step 1: Mash avocado and add a little bit of lime.
Step 2: Spread it on toasted slices of bread. 
Step 3: Add toppings of your choice. I have tried smoked salmon, fried egg and smoked ahi tuna.
Step 4: Add pepper, salt, and sprinkle chilli flakes and olive oil. Alternatively, you can use the ready made chilli oil. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.