Sunday, April 29, 2018

Korean street food in Washington DC

Rice bowl with spicy squid
We recently visited BUL, restaurant located in Adams Morgan specializing in Korean street food.  Their menu is quite diverse: soups, Korean tacos, small plates of seafood and chicken, rice bowls and noodles.

For an appetizer, we tried their octopus-based dish garnished with dried seafood (I think), mayo and a soya-based sauce. Although I would not say that I was able to distinguish the taste of the octopus from the seasoning, this was my favorite of all dishes I tried.

Fried flour with batter/stuffed with octopus
BUL served a few types of fried chicken with a variety of sauces, both sweet and spicy. We tried one supposedly spicy variant of the sauce and were a bit disappointed, especially when I compare it to Bonchon chicken. Edible though.

We also tried a rice hot bowl which was topped with a lots of semi-cooked veggies or blanched greens sitting on a bed of sticky rice (and served with a spicy sauce on the side). It was fine.

The restaurant has a cosy ambiance. The customers appeared to consist mostly of young college-goers. Prices were quite reasonable given its location and the food was definitely good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.