Sunday, November 12, 2017

My recent seafood picks

Octopus at Avalon Grille
Growing up in Goa, I've always considered seafood a delicacy. Given this, it is no surprise that I have taken the opportunity to try several local variants of seafood over the past few months.

At the Catalina Island, an hour-long ferry ride from Los Angeles, I tried grilled octopus (served with vegetable ragout) at Avalon Grille. It was well cooked and presented, albeit a bit pricey.

Smoked Salmon pizza at Spago
In a small town of Columbus, Mississippi, I tried several variants of catfish, a southern staple. Farm-raised locally, it was always delicious, whether fried or served in a Thai curry. Finally, during a recent trip to downtown Atlanta, Georgia, I enjoyed a whole red snapper at Southern Elements.

I have developed a taste for smoked salmon thanks to a smoked salmon pizza I tried at Wolfgang Puck's Spago in Vegas. Simple, filling and delicious if you can handle smoked fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.