Monday, June 15, 2015

Goan crab cakes

Ingredients
Coconut oil for frying
1 cup crab meat
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup grated coconut
1 teaspoon each of chilli and turmeric powders
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 egg
4 teaspoons rice flour 
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
Rawa for frying
Coriander leaves (optional)

Step 1: Mix all the ingredients together and roll them into small cakes into rawa.


Step 2:  Shallow fry them in coconut oil. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the cakes to cook for around 5 minutes until both sides are done.


Step 3: Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
P.S. Sheela Kelekar contributed this recipe to the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.