Saturday, April 25, 2015

Russian Salad - Herring under Fur Coat

I was never a big fan of salads until my friend Ramziya introduced me to this Russian salad called Herring under fur coat. Clearly one of my recent favorite dishes.

Ingredients
2 large fillets of herring fish (Canned in oil), that I purchased from a Russian store
15 baby carrots
3 small potatoes
3 beets
1 cup of mayonnaise.

Step 1: Boil all the vegetables and scrape them.


Step 2: Layer the potatoes first.


Step 3: Add the minced fish as the second layer.


Step 4: Add the scraped carrot and a layer of mayonnaise.


Step 5: Add the final layer of scraped beet.


Step 5: Refrigerate it for about 4 hours and serve cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.