Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pizza with pesto sauce

Ingredients
Ready-made pizza crust (I used the ready-made organic whole wheat pizza crust from Whole foods)
Spinach
1 tomato
Fresh olives
Shredded chicken
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Italian herbs (Dried oregano, parsley)

Pesto sauce
1 cup basil leaves
2 garlic pods
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup sheep cheese (I used feta)
Salt to taste
1/4 tomato (optional)

Step 1: Grind all the ingredients for the pesto sauce into a processor and spread it generously on the base. For consistency in the sauce, you can add a small piece of tomato.

Step 2: Put any toppings of your choice. I used sliced tomatoes, olives, spinach and shredded chicken.


Step 3: Put the mozzarella cheese evenly.

Step 4: Bake for 25 minutes at 350F, until the cheese turns slightly brown. Sprinkle herbs of your choice and serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.