Sunday, July 7, 2024

Lamb shank with greens (an Instapot recipe)

Ingredients

1 bag baby spinach 
Two large lamb legs
2 small red onions (finely diced)
2 tablespoons of each of these spices (chilli, turmeric, garam masala powders)
2 bay leaves
4 pods of whole garlic
2 tablespoons of whole spices (pepper corns, coriander seeds, fried ginger)
1 small can of tomato paste
Cooking oil (I used coconut oil)
Salt and pepper to taste




Step 1: Saute the onion in oil, add the whole spices, garlic pods and let it cook in an Instapot (on the sauté function) for 4 minutes or so until the onion is soft. 

Step 2: Dice the baby spinach leaves and add it to it. Let it cook for another 4 minutes on the sauté function. 



Step 3: Add the tomato can, and the lamb. Cook for approximately 6-7 on Slow cook function on the Instapot. If you would like to cook it faster, you can pressure cook it. 

Step 4: Serve hot with naan or rice. I served it with separately cooked khichadi (rice cooking with lentils, chick peas and kidney beans).













No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.