Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Easy and cool dinners - Fresh Salads

Spinach salad/Cabbage and egg salad













Cabbage and Egg salad 
Ingredients:
1/2 bag of ready made cabbage (Trader Joes)
Handful of grape tomatoes
2 boiled eggs chopped
Handful of sliced mushroom
Handful of Mixed nuts (Walnuts and raisins)
Salt and pepper to taste
Dressing:
1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 cup mayo, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Spinach salad 
1/2 bag baby spinach
8 small mozzarella balls [Bought the ready made box of mozzarella balls in oil from a local store, Giant]
Handful of walnuts
4 Campari tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
Dressing: 
Olive oil with Italian herbs [ I used the oil that came with the mozzarella balls]

Preparation: Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate for one hour. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.