Sunday, October 16, 2016

Dining at the harbor

Egg  Benedict
This summer, we had the opportunity to dine at a couple of restaurants serving American Southern cuisine. Two features these restaurants share are the fresh seafood and high cost, the latter reflecting the price of decent ambiance.

The first was a visit to Edward Lee's Succotash at the DC's National Harbor. Here, we tried their house specialties including the fried oyster rich po-boy (with trout caviar) for an appetizer, dirty fried chicken, and crispy catfish for entrees along with the recommended Succotash curry.
Fried oyster rich po-boy
The food was edible if bland. I would probably not go again, especially given the small portions.

The other restaurant was Home maid, located on the Baltimore Harbor. We sampled the breakfast/brunch menu, specifically the waffles with chicken and the eggs benedict. Both dishes were served with a side of sweet potatoes with a dash of maple syrup - a bit too sweet for my taste. The food was good. The crab meat in particular was delicious. I still did not think it was worth the wait or the price. However, the ambiance was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.