Saturday, January 30, 2016

Shrimp Sandorini

Shrimp Sandorini is one of my favorite Greek dishes that I tried making at home. A fairly easy dish to prepare.

Ingredients

1/2 pound wild caught shrimp
2 teaspoons diced garlic
1/2 finely diced onion
3 small diced tomatoes
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup feta cheese
Fresh olives
Olive oil
Chopped cilantro (coriander)
2 tablespoons of lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
Bay leaves (optional)
Green peas (optional)
Basil leaves (optional)
1 small cinnamon stick (optional)

Step 1: Saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the tomatoes, olives and let them cook for 5-10 minutes in the white wine. If you would like to add some spice, throw in some bay leaves and a cinnamon stick.


Step 2: Add the shrimp, feta, lime juice and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to suit your taste.

Step 3: Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.

Step 4: Serve hot with rice or bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog was started by Uma Kelekar to express her love for food.

My photo
I like to visit local ethnic restaurants in Northern Virginia and then try the dishes out in my kitchen. I started this blog to express my love for food.